We all try to keep our skin looking its best, pore less, smooth and bright, like a porcelain plate. Like my grandmother once told me, “ you must treat your skin like a porcelain plate”, which means no tugging, picking and only to be touched with the most tender loving care. But one reoccurring skin problem that has people fumbling over is the everlasting black and white heads burrowed deep within our skin.
First off, I’ve tried almost everything to get rid of mine, pore strips, facials, scrubs, pimple extractor tool as if I’m digging for treasure, “you name it” and everything grandma probably said no to. Second, not only did they not help, it made matters worse followed by redness and sensitivity as the cherry on top.
I had an “aha!” moment one day in my kitchen when I was mixing my cleaning solution. I always had the habit of cleaning with natural ingredients that is not harmful to the skin, with that thought in mind, it would be safe for the face too!
– 5ml of lemon juice/ apple cider vinegar
– 5ml of baking soda
(Increase according to how much you need, but the mixture should be 50/50)
– Small bowl
– Spoon (for mixing)
– Cotton pads/ Cotton balls
1) Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and mix with spoon
2) Place cotton pads into solution and soak thoroughly.
3) Place the saturated cotton pads on black and white head areas and leave for 5 minutes. (if you only have cotton pads, you can just dab the saturated cotton ball on the affected areas)
4) Rinse off with lukewarm water followed by your normal skin care routine.
5) Do this at least twice a week.
I found this extremely effective and although it took some time, my pores are finally clear. Baking soda softens and gently exfoliates the skin and the lemon/apple cider vinegar cuts through oil and dirt. Not only does this solution save me some extra pocket money, my skin has gotten better from the freedom of chemicals and the resistance of constant picking. Enjoy freeing you pores! ☺